1. YOU’RE HUGE! YOU’RE TINY! ARE YOU SURE IT ISN’T TWINS?
Why when you are pregnant and probably feeling at times the most vulnerable and whale-like do people feel like they can actually say anything to you – especially about the way you look? Jog on Karen.
2. CAN I TOUCH YOUR BUMP?
Why do strangers ask or even worse, don’t ask whether they can feel your bump? Then you have to do the awkward grin and move away slowly in silent rage.
3. BEST GET YOUR SLEEP IN NOW/YOU’LL NEVER SLEEP AGAIN
Thank you for your words of wisdom, so very helpful to hear this.
4. SO YOU’LL WANT IT TO BE A BOY/GIRL?
If you have already have a boy, people will immediately think you want a girl and vice versa.
5. GINGER BISCUITS WILL HELP WITH THE SICKNESS
Is this ever true?! And do people actually eat ginger biscuits for fun?
6. WHEN I WAS PREGNANT IN THE 1800’S…
Things have changed hun, A LOT since you were pregnant. I’m glad it was easy for you and you were running marathons right up until your due date but I’m just going to sit here and shovel Ben and Jerry’s into my face ok?
7. SHOULD YOU BE EATING THAT?
Should you really be asking me that? Because now you will feel the pregnancy rage. Run now.
8. LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY LABOUR...
So it’s natural for you to want to know about people’s labour stories – the good and bad. But equally when someone tells you a horror story – or that it is ‘easy’ – you wish you never asked.
9. YOU’RE NOT GOING TO NAME THE BABY A WEIRD NAME ARE YOU?
Like what? The name we have actually chosen.
10. HAVEN’T YOU HAD YOUR BABY YET?
Nope, pretty sure I’m still pregnant you moron.
Royal Marine Wife. Mum to Rafe.